Close

Student

What is the Ideal print Container?

I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of my printer (no date yet) so I'm starting to gather the extra parts needed.
    I'm wondering what kind of container (plastic, glass, ceramic) would be best for containing the resin as it prints?

I expect that the resin would stick to the sides of a plastic container. Is this true?

I've been looking at glass containers but I have not found one yet that is straight on the inside. They are all curved.

Has anyone found a good source for an appropriate container?

Thanks
    The_J

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by thej View Post
    I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of my printer (no date yet) so I'm starting to gather the extra parts needed.
    I'm wondering what kind of container (plastic, glass, ceramic) would be best for containing the resin as it prints?

I expect that the resin would stick to the sides of a plastic container. Is this true?

I've been looking at glass containers but I have not found one yet that is straight on the inside. They are all curved.

Has anyone found a good source for an appropriate container?

Thanks
    The_J
    The "range" sell a couple of glass vases with uniform cross section for £5 each. There is a long one (50 cm) with a circular cross section.

google Montana jars, they look like they might be a good starting place. found one at Bed Bath and Beyond for $15 about 10" high and a 8" diameter.

I was looking through my bar and found a 1 liter peppermint schnapps bottle that is glass and straight walled. It ought to do nicely one I finish the schnapps, cut the top off and clean it.

Student
    I am planning on using the pan from a bread machine, straight sides, opaque, and Teflon coated walls. It should be good.