Close

Weird problem when pritning with left exuder it moves into the wall and makes noises.

hello, im pretty green, when printing with the right exuder it appears to be working fine. but when printing with the left exuder it moves to the front left wall after heating up and continues to try to move further making grinding noises. i had a few successful prints previous to this, i cleaned the exuders and reloaded them, a friend may ahve accidently grabed the newest firmware, i went to rollback firmware but I was unsuccesful. did i possibly install the wrong firmware? I believe im using a print file that has worked in the past to eliminate that type of error.
    thank you guys,
    John

1 heats up
    2. it moves into position to begin on right side, seems to skip as its reaching the right wall
    3 moves to put the starter line, but then makes a beep code as it reaches the end of that starter line
    4 pauses then moves to the left wall and attempts to move threw it.

Engineer-in-Training
    Check to make sure the little switch that sets the stop point is working correctly. Sometimes the little metal tab comes off which messes up contact with the print head.

there is a switch on the right side, not on the left side. there is one on the left to check the back axis, but not left. i was looking at the frame and the exuders and dont see any switches for that direction.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mesmerized View Post
    there is a switch on the right side, not on the left side. there is one on the left to check the back axis, but not left. i was looking at the frame and the exuders and dont see any switches for that direction.
    The right switch is what sets the left/right position. If it's set to far to the right than it will think it has more space than it does when it goes to the left. Not sure if this is your problem, but just make sure that all those switches are working correctly.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    It sounds like the build area isn't defined properly in the slicer. It must be Replicator 1 Dual. Not Replicator 2, not Replicator 2x, It is Replicator 1.

I thought it could be that, but the right exuder (needs to be adjusted) but prints fine, the left one moves into the wall and attempts to keep going. i believe it is a replicator 1 dual. but it identifies itself threw the usb, it also previously worked fine till a friend messed with the pc it was on, they may have accepted an automatic update to firmware. im a bit new, is the firmware diffrent for the replicator 1 dual then what makerbot would recomend?

any advice on what might effect the left exuder (firmware maybe?) but not the right exuder. its like its just slightly off on its size or something. any way to check that?

im using firmware 7.4, i think i might need 6.2 but when using makerbot software or replicator G i cant seem to rollback the firmware. and i dont have a reset button (i have a switch)

My knock-off CTC did exactly the same thing when I first got it. The issue was the distance between the heads was misconfigured. The decimal point was off, so the head offset was 350mm instead of 35mm. You can check this in RepG.