Close

Slicing help for areas between infill

Hi, this seems like a simple thing to fix, but I don't see an option anywhere in Cura (I'm using Repetier Host with Cura as the slicer). I have an object where there's a tall column on one side, and a lower platform on the other side. As it's making the top layers of the lower section, it will sometimes end those lines in between the infill supports - in these sections, it droops at the end of those lines since its basically printing in open space.

In image below, the red arrows show where its drooping since it's unsupported. I know I could increase the infill to get closer grid lines, but I'm trying to print as quickly as possible and that seems like a workaround just to get supported material at the end of the those lines. Is there any setting in Cura (or maybe another slicer) which would instruct it to print a little "further" so it ends on one of the infill lines, or does something else to avoid ending those lines in open space?

Thank you for the help!

drooping-areas-mid-infill.jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    use more support.

There are a lot of different support settings in simplify3d - so probably a way round it.
    So far I've never actually used supports.

Engineer-in-Training
    Read this post for the solution using S3D: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...s-alt-software