Close

Thread: New nozzles

Technician

New nozzles

OK so I ordered a few new nozzles of various diameters from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012597505...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Problem now is that these nozzles dont technically replace the ones on the printer.

Although they are M6 in size, i.e. screw thread diameter is 6mm, so it does screw into the heating block.
    The inner diameter is only 2mm.
    This just allows the filament through.
    Problem is that the old nozzles have an inner diameter of 3mm so that the PTFE tubing fits as well.

But with these ones being 2mm, the tubing is too large and so you cannot replace the nozzles without removing the tubing.

So I see 3 options

1) Could someone link me an ebay item which does replace our nozzles, all the ones I see and these smaller nozzles
    2) Remove the tubing from inside the extruder. But will this cause problems?
    3) Cut the tubing a little shorter so that the tubing meets at the nozzles' thread rather than going into the thread.

Which do you think is better?

Engineer-in-Training
    Number 3) would be my choice. Having a longer contact path between the filament and bare metal of the nozzle will increase the maximum flow capability as well.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah it's a bugger alright.

My mate did option 4) driled out the nozzles to the correct diameter.
    Problem is I've got no spare 0.4mm nozzles and three 0.5's

The nice chaps at wedo3dprinting.com said to phone them for the correct nozzles as the ones on the website sometimes are and sometimes aren't. http://www.wedo3dprinting.com/

What I'd actually like are 0.4mm steel nozzles with the correct throat diameter.