Close

Some parts printing small

Hi All,

I have a Monoprice Architect (FF Creator) and some, not all, of my parts are printing smaller than the model. I create a .5" cube in Fusion 360, slice it in either Replicator or Cura it prints within a few thousandths of .5".

If I create the model below, It prints too small in X and Y. Z is OK. My inner circle should be .33" and it's printing at .294". The next circle should be .81" and I'm getting .75". The outer edge should be 1.125" and I'm getting 1.070". Do I have a model problem? A slicer problem? Is it shrinking that much? Something else?

thanks,
    Steve

Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 10.04.20 AM.jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you're using inches. that won't help :-)
    Also what material are you using as this would be pretty standard shrinkage for abs.
    I think - confused by inches in 3d printing :-)

Basically start using millimetres and add a few more details :-)

The prints were made using PLA. Are suggesting that the printer, or software has a problem with inches vs millimeters or are you just poking at us Americans' inability to adopt the metric system I'm happy to remodel it using mm if you think that might make a difference.

I'm puzzled why that would make a difference for round parts. Would the shrinkage be different for different shapes?

thanks
    Steve