Close

Thread: ABS recycling

Add Marm on Thingiverse

ABS recycling

In particular, turning all my scrap into new filament. Any recommendations on shredders and extruders?

... not many actual products on the market. I think only the filabot was ever actually delivered.

Many overhyped KS projects to go around, they promise a lot and don't deliver much.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Soooo.... is it even worth trying? I have a pretty decent size box of scrap sitting here, I was planning on making a roll of "kindergarten Playdoh" colored ABS.

I sure hope it is a worthy endeavour. The strooder Ks that I backed has reached the point where we should have reviewers within a month or so. The price point is lower than the other projects. Are they able to deliver though ? This is a different story.

I remember another project that had a grinder embedded. That is a nice feature. I was also looking for shredders. I only found that : http://filamaker.eu/product/mini-shredder/ Nice looking but pricey. So I was thinking that maybe I would try a paper shredder or an ice shredder... I also found garden shredders but the output was coarse and too big.