Close

ABL Servo and Ignoring of ABL routine... Please help improve my life

I'm using the beckdac firmware on my i3v 10" and the first print off the sd card always ignores the ABL routine. What gives!?

Also, what can I do to make the ABL mechanism more robust? The TowerPro servo seems to get out of whack often and I can't stand the fact that I can't just hit print and feel confident ABL will "just work". Am I the only one experiencing this? Is there a better servo to get? Is there a better alternative available? I've seen BLTouch https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...-3d-printers#/ .

Thanks a bunch,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mattanonymous View Post
    I'm using the beckdac firmware on my i3v 10" and the first print off the sd card always ignores the ABL routine. What gives!?

Also, what can I do to make the ABL mechanism more robust? The TowerPro servo seems to get out of whack often and I can't stand the fact that I can't just hit print and feel confident ABL will "just work". Am I the only one experiencing this? Is there a better servo to get? Is there a better alternative available? I've seen BLTouch https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...-3d-printers#/ .

Thanks a bunch,
    Matt
    I don't know if this will help you or not, but it did me. I have had ABL for a year and sometimes the routine would work and sometimes it didn't. I finally just recently figured out my problem. I use Simplify 3d and the startup scripts are on a timer, bottom line is if I started a print and the nozzle was too high (Z too high) it would time out before it got to the ABL command. I now make sure the Z is no more than 24mm above bed at start and the ABL routine has never failed. For the last 2 months I can relax and know that ABL will "just work"! I'm not sure what your servo problem is, the servo shouldn't get out of whack once you set the limits.

The BeckDac firmware was the only stable version of Marlin for over a year. But now, RC-3 ( Release candidate #3) is at least as stable as the BeckDac branch. It might be wise to move to it when you have a chance.

Thanks guys. I'll give the new firmware a shot soon and see if there's maybe a timeout happening before the ABL routine (it does seem plausible).

Student
    I second the lower Z solution. Starting the print job with the Z above 40mm times out (skips) the ABL for me here too.

BTW no problems with the Tower Pro servo here (over 6 months of usage) on BeckDac.