Close

print lifting off bed

Whats going on here? the front half of the print is fine but the back is lifting off. This was at only about %20 out of %100

bed material was a sheet that came with my printer it is black and has the finish of painters tape but its a matt finish feel to it. also just wiped it down with some acetone .
    temp was 213

Thanks

Engineer-in-Training
    If the bed material is BuildTak, you can't use acetone or 90% Isopropyl Alcohol on it. You can sand it down with fine sandpaper and cleaning it with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol. If you're using PLA filament, try heating the bed to 60 degrees C.

Yes it was buildtak. I'll try rinsing it off tomorrow, sanding it and then printing. I have no heated bed but I dont remember having this problem before.

Well I just tried that and it still lifts at the corners. Not sure what to try next maybe lower the temp a little? Raise my bed? I have always had a big fan that blows air across the print.

Engineer-in-Training
    Don't use the big fan. Try setting the extruder temp at 210 degrees C. If you're using cheap filament, try better filament.

Follow 3dex ltd On Twitter Add 3dex ltd on Facebook
    Yes definitely try better quality filament!

However, there are other things you can do too.

Don't use a layer cooling fan (or the big fan) and we find that the best way to ensure bed adhesion is by using a glue stick. Just normal paper glue works really well.

try adding a small brim to the problem areas.
    kind of a pita but you get nice flat prints
    I make 0.25 or 0.5 mm thick brims about 20-25 mm diameter in my problem spots and it helps. It messes up the print pattern on the bottom face though.