Close

Pro version news?

I know they are working hard on the mass market version. I'm just wondering if any progress or work has been done on the pro version?

I imagine that the challenges with the laser modules that Rylan mentioned in the BETA Delays thread would apply but I'm still curious for more information. Even if there are only 24 of us.

The "Pro" is a base version with more options, so I dont think we will see the Pro version until the base model goes into almost-final version.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Hey actually both me and Scott have been working on the pro alot in the last week,
    It looks like the pro will have very different galvos than the basic, there are actually updates on the pro already filmed and scheduled for publication ... some time in the future.

There arnt alot of pros purchased now but we think there will be a huge market for the pro AFTER we show what it can do, So we are spending lots of time on the pro as well and im really pumped about whats in store for the first 24

As for details, for now all i can really say is a few descriptive words .. capacitive feedback driven PID system galvos, with a new twist the bearings and brushes thats just peachy

Technologist
    Ooh, fancy!

Any chance of having that as an upgrade option for the standard Peachy? Or will the differences be so large that it'd be easier to just replace the whole printer?

Rylan stated before that we could hack the Peachy as we want. There's many more things in the Pro version that would be easy to swap, but to have a "full" Pro version, that would require to change some of the main part, so yes, almost the whole printer. This might have change since !

Peachy Printer Founder
    Of course the R and D is still happening so this could all change but right now it looks like the following pro parts/stuff could be fit on to or used with the basic peachy printer as upgrades, possibly requiring a bit of hacking....

- mirrors
    - coils
    - magnets
    - laser
    - micro controler driver
    - pump (replaceing driper)
    - auto focus
    - resin levle detector
    - outer case, reservoirs body etc
    - resin
    - software

None of that is set in stone but we will do our best to make them compatible, but we wont sacrifice Pro performance for compatibility with the basic.