Close

Engineer-in-Training

Cool Anuvin's Print Journal and How To Megapost

Hey there fellow backers, I decided I needed a place to post my prints and How to videos so they didn't end up all over the place. Let's start with build videos:

Unboxing the V1 kit:

Building the V1 printer:

Building the standard drip system (highly recommended):

So far, I am very pleased with how the peachy performs. It clearly has the capability to print highly detailed objects that would be nearly impossible for an FDM printer. Here is my first batch of prints from the peachy:

I have also done a few print not from the print library, but I have just begun to play with the settings, so these prints are going to be much rougher for a while until I get Gcode figured out:

1 cm cube (it is 1 cm high, but only 7 mm wide)

d20 (lopsided, numbers didn't come through strongly, but perfectly full and no holes or problems otherwise, too big attempt to the right)

I will be updating this thread as I print and film more peachy stuff, and I hope I can help with build questions for people who used my videos to build their peachy.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Wow what a great post!
    You have done so much in just the first few days! Thankyou so much, Im sure thousands of people will benefit from your videos dew time.

Engineer-in-Training
    Thanks Rylan! I wanted to try something simple and fun, so I tried a grumpy t-rex.
    Model : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:637786

Engineer-in-Training
    Anuvin

Great prints. When I am up and running, I am going to try floating a thin layer of tap water on top of the resin. I have a theory that this might improve the layering..

Have you got any videos of the prints?

Anuvin, that's just awesome !
    What is your overall impression about the quality of these prints, and the "Peachy Printer experience" in general ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    Thanks Rylan! I wanted to try something simple and fun, so I tried a grumpy t-rex.
    Model : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:637786

That's really awesome, I'm excited to see other's print with this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
    Anuvin

Great prints. When I am up and running, I am going to try floating a thin layer of tap water on top of the resin. I have a theory that this might improve the layering..
    I've also found the new MakerJuice resins specifically the Snap Fit drastically increases the smoothness of the prints.
    Last edited by Gavin; 01-29-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Hi Anuvin.

Have you been doing any more prints lately? Anything you can share with the group?

/Martin

Peachy Printer Founder
    For the 10 or so people out there that have V1 peachy printer kits This is a great Thread to refer to when building your printer.
    Anuvin was the first to build and print with a V1 kit, and he did an excellent job in documenting the process!