Close

Problems slicing prints for Flashforge Creator Pro using left nozzle only

Since I've been printing with my Creator Pro, I've generally only been using the right nozzle to print. Unfortunately the left nozzle began bumping against a model I was printing, so with the help of a friend who has more experience with 3D printers, we decided to remove a nozzle. We took off the right nozzle. We had already had a couple of successful prints with using the left nozzle only, so we didn't think it would be a problem.

However, whenever I try and slice a file to print using the left nozzle, it doesn't work. The printer starts everything normally by heating the print bed, but instead of moving on to heat the correct nozzle like it normally would, the printer just starts trying to print. It won't heat the left nozzle. This problem only presents when using a file I've sliced. A previous test file we've used for the left nozzle still works just fine. The print bed heats, followed by the left nozzle, and it begins to print. So I'm pretty confused about what is happening.

For more context, the test file was sliced in Simplify3D, which my friend has a copy of. All the files I'm trying to slice myself are being done with Makerbot Desktop. I've added the model to print, tweaked the custom settings, and set the left extruder to print at 230 degrees, and the right extruder to be at 0 degrees. Previously when printing with the right nozzle, I did this the other way around and it all worked correctly. But doing these steps for the left nozzle results in nothing. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or a step I'm missing to have the left extruder work?

And yes, I realise I could simply replace the right nozzle and take off the left nozzle. However I don't personally have the right tools to replace and remove the nozzles properly, my friend has them. If I can't figure out a way to use the left extruder only then we will obviously swap them over. Only trouble is I'm not sure when he can next make it over to help, so if I can solve the issue myself through the software only, I'd prefer that so I can get back to printing ASAP.

EDIT: PLEASE DISREGARD. I reset all the settings in the Markerbot software and tried again. The printer is correctly heating the left nozzle and there is no issue.
    Last edited by terrydactyl89; 01-21-2016 at 10:57 PM.