Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Student

Random crap prints out of nowhere!! DaVinci 1.0 (Repetier 0.92Mod) / Rep Hst v1.6.0

First off, Im a noob, Ive been printing for about 2-3 months roughly.. I ordered an XYZprinting DaVinci 1.0 printer and soon discovered that the factory firmware/interface was crap, so I flashed Repetier 0.92Mod onto my machine (and Repetier Host v1.6.0 on my PC). Ive been printing ABS ever since with little to no issues, until last weekend..

I print alot of personal vaporizer prototype pieces for myself and friends. I have previously printed these pieces multiple times with success, now, same file, same settings, im having a weird issue.. doesnt matter what filament brand I use..

- I double checked Calibration and found that only my steps per MM were off for my Extruder. (Fixed that, still no difference)
    - I have tried almost every combination of speed/Ext temp imagineable.
    - I have Leveled the HPB over and over.

The pieces pictured below were printed at:
    Layer Height: .2mm
    First layer height: .3mm
    Infill: 13% rectilinear
    No support or raft (only bare kapton tape)
    Speed: 40mm/s (first layer 25%)
    EXT Temp: ​225c (230c for first layer)
    Bed Temp:
    100c (110c for first layer)

Running out of ideas here... So any constructive input is welcomed!

Last note: These pieces were printed upside down so the "taper" is an overhang rather than facing up.

I dont even know how to explain this issue.
    12592000_10153901190733188_1463144582_o.jpg12562648_10153901190613188_2103117787_o.jpg

Thank you for your time!

Student
    ill go elsewhere... thanks!

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Wow, you waited a whole 3 hours for a response, and then bailed. Hmmmmm......

And I'm not surprised you never got a response, because you never friggin said what the problem is. Are we supposed to be psychic? What's the part supposed to look like? What's it doing different?

Student
    Well.. Aren't you nice! I never once indicated an attitude with my response. Therefore your crap attitude was unwarranted, don't you think?

The error is pretty obvious in the fact that there are full "threads" of filament falling off the tapered portion. I tried to be thorough, but apparently I failed.

I sure as hell hope your attitude doesn't represent this forums community because obviously this isn't the place to be for someone who is trying to learn..

Thanks again.

Senior Engineer
    Sorry, the error is not obvious. I read the thread within 5 minutes of you posting it but didn't know what was wrong. If you can't describe what was wrong then how are we supposed to know when all we have are some poor pictures.

Anyway, I suspect you blew it now, I doubt that anyone will want to help you. You should probably go elsewhere.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Sorry, the error is not obvious. I read the thread within 5 minutes of you posting it but didn't know what was wrong. If you can't describe what was wrong then how are we supposed to know when all we have are some poor pictures.

Anyway, I suspect you blew it now, I doubt that anyone will want to help you. You should probably go elsewhere.
    Blew it now? Are you serious? lol

There is nothing wrong with asking to clarify or for more pictures..

Did you forget that I didn't have an attitude till I was shown one? Then again, I forgot about forum bullys

I'm with Marm and Mjolinir. You didn't say what the problem was. Your photo just shows a bad print and we get a lot those photos here.

Also we get a lot of newbies here. Most of them learn a lot, those with an attitude don't. If you want help from experienced users then you'll need to cool it.

As to your issue, it look like you haven't calibrated your extruder, a common newbie error. Do that first. Then turn the model around so there is no overhang and try again.

Student
    Thank you for the advice! I had calibrated the extruder shortly after this post to no avail. Its just odd because I have printed literally about 20+ of these without issue. I may be able to change some lighting and take better pics of a good print next to the failed ones. Ill look for a good one around my print area.

Student
    Okay, here's what I dug up. I am terribly sorry for the crap quality photos, as I am using my cell phone. But the only other part I could find was a smoothed one. But here they are. The reason I print them upside down, is because I can never get them to stick to the kapton without warping the other way around.

12575719_10153902012803188_1630479555_n.jpg12571384_10153902019678188_1619201637_n.jpgchuff cap v6 temple scale to half.jpg

thank you again

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you have pretty thick beads - looks like over extruding.
    So is that your problem ? as the vapour smoothed one looks fine to me.
    So what is the actual issue ?
    Just simply, dodgy looking prints ?

I take it these are bong parts and you weren't indulging at some point when you made some adjustments you subsequently forgot ?

And after 3 hours wait - bearing in mind that for many of our member - myself included - that was late at night (the world is not the states - there are lots of different time zones, on forums with international members you must learn patience) when we weren't near our computers.

ill go elsewhere... thanks!
    I'd say that was attitude :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast