Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Possible to disable LEDs in Creator Pro?

Recently got the absolutely wonderful Flashforge Creator Pro, and I'm in love with it. There is a small issue though. My house is rather small and the only space I have for the printer is in my bedroom. Sometimes on a long print I'll need to leave it going overnight, which is all good except for the fact that as far as I can see, there is no way to turn off the LEDs while it's printing. Does anyone know of a way to disable the LEDs? There isn't really a practical way to cover them up without risking whatever is covering them overheating, so turning them off would be great. Any ideas?

Student
    Add Moby58 on Thingiverse
    Hi,

Dont know a lot, but I thought there is 1 or 2 programs that can change the lights, but you need it connected to PC via USB.

But I think the noise is gonna be a far bigger issue than lights!!!

could also try some tape, or put a switch in the power line to lights

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    You can turn the lights off using ReplicatorG BUT..... The easiest way,.....disconnect the LED cable from the main board. I have found that, at least with S3D and even though 'update firmware settings' is unchecked, it still resets the board turning the lights back on. Now if you are using RepG then maybe the off setting sticks, I don't know.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    easiest way is to simply switch them off from the machine's control panel :-)

I assume the pro is similiar to my 7.7 firmware. lots of options for leds on or off or different colours.
    All from the control panel.

Why you lot always seem to jump straight to 'lets unplug stuff' is beyond me :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    You can turn the lights off using ReplicatorG BUT..... The easiest way,.....disconnect the LED cable from the main board. I have found that, at least with S3D and even though 'update firmware settings' is unchecked, it still resets the board turning the lights back on. Now if you are using RepG then maybe the off setting sticks, I don't know.
    I've tried using ReplicatiorG but honestly it's still all new to me, and I can't get the program to connect to the printer. I have it connected via USB, but RepG seems to want to look for the printer through a COM port. Any tips for fixing this?

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post

I assume the pro is similiar to my 7.7 firmware. lots of options for leds on or off or different colours.

Why you lot always seem to jump straight to 'lets unplug stuff' is beyond me :-)
    The CTC printers control-panel has the Off and Color selections in setting Menu
    but they don't Do anything (LEDs Stay on and don't change color)
    I assume many other clone makes are the Same way ?

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post

Because the settings don't persist on my 2015 FFCP running Sailfish 7.7 using S3D. Unless I've missed something, the ONLY way I've found to 100% keep the LED off is by unplugging them.

Do me a favor, assuming you are using S3D, turn the lights off through the panel, and run a quick calibration print that was sliced by S3D. Let me know if your settings persist.

Quote Originally Posted by terrydactyl89 View Post
    I've tried using ReplicatiorG but honestly it's still all new to me, and I can't get the program to connect to the printer. I have it connected via USB, but RepG seems to want to look for the printer through a COM port. Any tips for fixing this?
    I think your best bet is to pull the bottom cover (after you unplug the unit) and disconnect the LED Cable, as it's the only way I've been able to keep the lights off using S3D on my 2015 FFCP

Technician
    Add Nargg on Thingiverse
    I do all kinds of fun things with the LEDs with Simplify3D. You can also, edit the .gcode file. The lights are near the top with a M146 command, set it to "M146 R0 B0 G0" or add that line near the top of the file. Or like said before, unplug the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargg View Post
    I do all kinds of fun things with the LEDs with Simplify3D. You can also, edit the .gcode file. The lights are near the top with a M146 command, set it to "M146 R0 B0 G0" or add that line near the top of the file. Or like said before, unplug the lights.
    Fantastic. I will look at that command! Thanks!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast