Close

My Flashforge Creator Pro only reads .s3g

I recently bought it and is my first printer so I'm a bit lose. I use ReplicatorG to print and it's ok, but i wouldlike to use other programes. But when i try it, like Slic3r with GXP, saving in x3g, the bed dosn't move, so the plastic only falls.
    I tried to save with replicatorg in x3g ad the same happens.
    Has some one experienced something similar?
    Thank you

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Buy Simplify3D, it will create the correct .x3g file (along with the .gcode file) for use with the FFCP. It may be the best 150.00 you spend on your FFCP.

Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    Buy Simplify3D, it will create the correct .x3g file (along with the .gcode file) for use with the FFCP. It may be the best 150.00 you spend on your FFCP.
    I have to agree with this 1000%

Technician
    If you would like to give slic3r a go, you need to save gcode from it and convert it to x3g using GPX. There is a guide on 3duniverse. Or you could buy a Raspberry pi and hook up OctoPi to your printer and upload gcode to it directly and let it convert to x3g.

i finaly bought simplify3d and it works really well, worth the money

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the other alternative is to use makerware.
    works quite well and is better than simplify3d for dual colour/material prints.

Simplify 3d is much better for everything else. makerware is free - so buy simplify3d and have the best of all worlds :-)

The other thing you can try is the klick-n-print gcode convertor: http://knp3d.com/software/#knp3dconverter

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by typhus94 View Post
    i finaly bought simplify3d and it works really well, worth the money
    You think it's worth the money now. just wait until you really start getting under the hood with it..

I haven't used S3D but I use Slic3r with my FFCP and exporting Gcode automatically creates the X3g file for printing. If your beds not moving you may have something set wrong.

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    I tried a lot of slicers with FFCP including Makerware and results were not even far as good as the ones with Simplify 3D. Replicator G was a joke. For Finder 3D printer, Flashforge has now FlashPrint that works very good. I don't understand why they didn't updated the software also for Creator Pro.
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke