Hey everyone I'm Adam. I like to think of myself as a logical, physical science type of thinker. I have a few ideas for inventions, and few prototypes sitting around that I don't like enough to start pushing further ahead. I think I am tired of working for other people and ready to take a leap and invest my time and hard earned dollars into a 3d printer and my inventions. I have been kicking the idea around for a while, but this going to work everyday and leaving my family at home is wearing on me. I know I can do what I have to do to be successful on my own, and I am pretty motivated.

I have been drawing with cad software since I was about 5 or 6 on an amiga 500, computers and me are like peas and pods. I have a little college under my belt, so I am some what educated. I have also been working in the trades building and fixing things since I was a teenager. The pay is good, and I like the work but I want to work for myself from my home. That is my goal. I am pretty creative and intuitive and a good problem solver. My dream job would be a lab that I could fabricate anything I wanted and get paid. This is the kinda person I am, breaking from the mold is what I enjoy doing the most.

The 3d printer will give me the ability to create prototypes with good accuracy and time spent on the computer designing rather then playing with dangerous toxins. All a big plus for me! The cost will be a big saving in the long run from what I know of trying to pay someone to create a non patented invention. The last time I was trying was in the 90's and the fees prevented my mom from going through with her idea. But now you can buy the cupcake carrier at the store because the people we went to used it after the contract expired. My oldest sister invented big league chew, she played baseball with the boys and didn't want to chew so she wrote the company a letter. I don't want to talk to anyone about my ideas other then the person I need to fill out the patent papers with and my lawyer LOL! I am really serious about not wanting to work for anyone else.

I am here to learn, and I am starting with purchasing my first 3d printer. Do I buy off brand and flash the firmware, or go with a open source machine, 3d software to design with. These are the first steps and where I am at. I have been reading and watching different machines and reviews, trying to keep the cost down understandably. I don't need to print really large items, and I plan on printing over-sized and finishing so resolution might not be a large concern but the more precise the starting item, the easier it is to finish.

Well I will shut up now, but thanks for taking the time to read a bit about me. I look forward to any advice you might have to offer, and appreciate for taking the time to help. Nice to meet you!