Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vary Infill?

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybuckley View Post
    OK - I have bought simplify3d.

The only thing I am currently missing is how to see what the print is doing on each layer in Simplify3D? I can go to machine settings and see time to run, but I would like to be able to view each layer being printed as I can in Pronterface. Can't work out how to do that, but sure it is there somewhere. That would help me understand when to speed up and when to slow down.

So for me, this is looking positive, but the jury is out!

Click "Live Preview Tracking" in the Preview Mode screen. It's right above the "Begin printing over USB" button.

Quote Originally Posted by kd7eir View Post
    Click "Live Preview Tracking" in the Preview Mode screen. It's right above the "Begin printing over USB" button.
    Thank you!

I tried printing this with Slic£r... http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:925556

It failed very badly. Just a brick!

With S3D it was perfect and worked immediately. No trying to break the joints etc. All I did was increase the extrusion to '1' in settings and a couple of skirts.

This was probably the most challenging thing I would ever ask my printer to do as tolerances so tight, IMG_4674.jpg

So very pleased - utter perfection.

I am still looking at it thinking "WOW - How did that work?"

Picture attached though for some reason not right orientation.

Technologist
    Glad to hear that S3D is working for you - it has truly changed my entire 3D printing experience.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123