Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vary Infill?

Just did a test print and worked perfectly so thank you very much!

I used the three files I mentioned as I needed the object and the mesh in one view to place it correctly. As I said, this file would never be sliced but shows the whole picture and great with some colour coding.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by tonybuckley View Post
    I used the three files I mentioned as I needed the object and the mesh in one view to place it correctly.
    Ah, of course. I didn't quite get what you meant by that the first time.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    I just learned about this ability in S3D. All I can say is WOW, so incredibly easy. The more I use S3D the more I love about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    I just learned about this ability in S3D. All I can say is WOW, so incredibly easy. The more I use S3D the more I love about it.
    What does it do that the free ones do not? Or possibly the question is what does it do better? There has to be a reason to buy something.

Technologist
    Very fast - even extremely high-poly models I made sliced in seconds at very small layer heights
    The ability to create multiple "processes" and assign them to different models is very nice, especially when doing dual extrusion prints.
    Better smooth top surface with less gaps.
    Less stringing and travel moves thru empty areas.
    Better surface finishing on inclined parts.
    Extra options to avoid stringing (wipe and coast).
    Better preview tool.
    Better options to change settings thru layers or different STL models printed at the same time.
    Interactive, custom placable support material is the killer feature for me, especially the ability to generate them automatically but having the flexibility to delete unwanted supports (in small holes or unreachable places).

Quote Originally Posted by kd7eir View Post
    Very fast - even extremely high-poly models I made sliced in seconds at very small layer heights
    The ability to create multiple "processes" and assign them to different models is very nice, especially when doing dual extrusion prints.
    Better smooth top surface with less gaps.
    Less stringing and travel moves thru empty areas.
    Better surface finishing on inclined parts.
    Extra options to avoid stringing (wipe and coast).
    Better preview tool.
    Better options to change settings thru layers or different STL models printed at the same time.
    Interactive, custom placable support material is the killer feature for me, especially the ability to generate them automatically but having the flexibility to delete unwanted supports (in small holes or unreachable places).
    Sounds great! Have to save up the pennies.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    What does it do that the free ones do not? Or possibly the question is what does it do better? There has to be a reason to buy something.
    kd7eir Summed it up quite nicely. The program is worth your pennies. Once you get to know and use it, you will never go back...

Angus @ MakerMuse did a Slicer Throw Down test check it out here..

OK - I have bought simplify3d.

This was about 100 GBP. This equates to:
    - About 5 kilo of filament
    - About 38 pints of decent beer
    - About 14 bottles of reasonable wine
    - About 600 miles on a full tank of diesel (Audi A8)
    - 3 good chinese deliveries for two
    - 50 UK lottery tickets with a one in 45 million chance of winning

So not a bad investment.

Half way through first print of a Buddha statue.

My Findings:
    - Brilliant Z layer definition at 200 microns. Much better than Slic£r.
    - Brilliant bridging although only over small distances - again much better than other slicing tools for some reason.
    - Default settings seem to perform much better than the standard config files supplied by MakerFarm for Slic£r. This could suggest that adjusting Slic£r settings would result in the same.

The only thing I am currently missing is how to see what the print is doing on each layer in Simplify3D? I can go to machine settings and see time to run, but I would like to be able to view each layer being printed as I can in Pronterface. Can't work out how to do that, but sure it is there somewhere. That would help me understand when to speed up and when to slow down.

So for me, this is looking positive, but the jury is out!

OK - I have bought simplify3d.

This was about 100 GBP. This equates to:
    - About 5 kilo of filament
    - About 38 pints of decent beer
    - About 14 bottles of reasonable wine
    - About 600 miles on a full tank of diesel (Audi A8)
    - 3 good chinese deliveries for two
    - 50 UK lottery tickets with a one in 45 million chance of winning

So not a bad investment.
    LOL, Love the comparisons...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast