So I've been using this wireless SD Card (w-03) for a while now, and I've always wanted to map the card as a network drive in Windows for easier use and control. Up until now, Ive just used this experimental FlashAir web UI, which works well, but it wasn't convenient for me, and has little control.

So I went searching to see if someone else has figured out a way to make this happen, and surprisingly I could not. So I found the API for the card and thankfully version 3 has WEBDAV capabilities. This made this SO incredibly easy.

1) Setup the Flashair SD card as specified here, but here is what my CONFIG file looks like. You must have WEBDAV=2 and UPLOAD=1 in your settings file.

2016-01-08_11-50-21.jpg

2) Using the windows USB Safely Eject tool to remove the SD card from the computer, install SD Card in Printer and turn your printer On. Once the printer is running make sure you can navigate to the Web UI with no problem. (this can take a few minutes)

3) Using the 'Wndows Key' + 'E' keyboard keys (opens file employer), navigate to "This PC" and select "Map network drive" at the top, under the Computer Tab. (This will depend on which version of Windows you are using, Windows 10 here)

2016-01-08_12-11-13.jpg

4) Assign a drive letter, (I used P: for Printer ) Enter the IP address of the SD Card: \\192.168.1.14 that you previously setup and click on the finished button. You will end up with a mapped network drive that looks like this: (Not sure why the drive size is incorrect)

2016-01-08_11-37-04.jpg

Congratulation; your Flashair Wireless SD Card is now mapped. If you use Simplify3D; once you navigate to the card for the first time and write to it, it will remember that location for the future.

The only problem with using this method with S3D, S3D will also create a .gcode file on the SD card. It's not a problem for me because the advantages FAR out way this minor inconvenience.

So now you have super easy control of both file structure and upload paths.. and it's pretty darn fast also....