Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Here are some pretty good pictures to give you an idea of what Ninjaflex will print out like. Enjoy:
    Larry, great photos which brings me to a question. How do you get your photos to show up large? No matter how hard I try to upload a good sized photo, say 1500x1200, it's always reduced to something much smaller. What's your technique or trick?
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Does anyone know if there are issues with sticking? I imagine this stuff is harder to remove from the build tray then PLA or ABS. Am I current in this assumption? Just about to order a spool.
    As long as it does stick, unlike nylon 618, then I imagine you have no warp or lift issues because, it's flexible. It doesn't have enough inate rigidity to pull itself up I'd guess. I use a lot of single edged razor blades to remove parts. I just slide it under and edge and begin to wiggle. I'd much rather have a harder time removing a part then getting one to stay down, that's for sure.

Has anyone used it with a Wade's extruder? I have a Makerfarm Prusa i3 also and I'd assume the Wade's would be pretty good because the hobbed bolt is so close to the hotend. I've read that some of the other extruders that shove the filament through a tube for a few feet have trouble with compression and friction, thus hampering feed.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Engineer-in-Training
    You need enough heat to get the previous layer to remelt and fuse to the layer being printed.
    Maybe also slowing the speed, to give more time to do this.

Also, does anyone know if Ninjaflex is organic like rubber?

Larry, NinjaFlex does stick to the bed plates very well typically. I would recommend using painters tape if you have issues. Kapton tape works also but the "bond" there is, in my opinion, too good and the prints are a little too difficult to remove. Painter's tape is a better option.

Technician
    Ninja flex or rubber flex is as the name states, flexible plastic. You should buy it if you want to print flexible or bendable objects. Quite Cool IMO!

That is some neat stuff.
    Anyone would have an idea if this would work in a printer like the Da Vinci from XYZ?
    I'd love to give it a shot but I'm worried about screwing my extruder with that stuff.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by OVersliders View Post
    That is some neat stuff. Anyone would have an idea if this would work in a printer like the Da Vinci from XYZ? I'd love to give it a shot but I'm worried about screwing my extruder with that stuff.
    I do not own this printer, however my super sources tells me that it don't work with Da Vinci from XYZ. It needs a similar mod to the replicators and makerbots to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by OVersliders View Post
    That is some neat stuff.
    Anyone would have an idea if this would work in a printer like the Da Vinci from XYZ?
    I'd love to give it a shot but I'm worried about screwing my extruder with that stuff.
    From my experience the stock hotend won't work with NinjaFlex. I upgraded to an E3D V6 hotend and NinjaFlex works well just set your print speeds REALLY slow. I drop my Da Vinci down to 15mm/s for printing NinjaFlex. Faster may work but I get great results going very slow. I'd rather go slow and have it print properly

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    I don't believe you will screw up your hot end by trying. It's not like PVA filament that crystallizes if you get it too hot. PVA can ruin a hot end or create a very difficult repair/cleaning situation. If you get a jam with NinjaFlex, just do your normal hot end cleaning and you'll be going again. I have a post here somewhere about how you can use nylon filament to get a perfectly clean hot end very easily.

I can't speak for the Da Vinci stock hot end but I can corroborate that with E3D's, I too print really slowly, at 10-15mm/sec and do get good results at those speeds. It just takes forever for large parts.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Unless you hack the Da Vinci you have to use their flexible filament and they recommend you get a different nozzle for each type of filament.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast