Close

Strange X Homing Issue

Hello,

I've got a Powerspec 3D Pro (same as Flashforge Creator Pro). It's been working great for about a year. I just started having a strange problem with homing. When it tries to home, it keeps trying to go in the X direction after it hits the limit switch. At first I thought the limit switch was bad, but if I try to jog, the limit switch works fine for any Y that's about the front 3/4's of the printer. On the back quarter (approx), it won't honor the limit and tries to skip the belt. The light on the X limit switch still lights up when X gets to the edge no matter what Y position it's in. I tried manually pushing the X limit and I get the same results (won't jog if Y's in front 3/4, will still jog toward back). Has anyone else seen something similar? Any ideas on how I could troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Student
    Add JohnnyV on Facebook
    Sounds like it might be a bad wire or connection.

If it works for part of the area, but when it retracts backwards, the wire/connection could be separating enough to cause an open circuit.

I would check the wires going to the limit switch and the connections to the switch and main board.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    Sounds like it might be a bad wire or connection.
    Thank you. That's exactly what it was. Luckily the printer even came with a spare wire. Replaced it and everything is working perfectly. I think the LED on the limit switch working was throwing me off from thinking of a bad wire.

Sounds like a faulty end stop cable. A common problem. Replace it you'll be fine...