Close

Moto X phone case?

not sure if this is the right place for this but im trying to make a case for my MotoX phone seems to be the only phone out there not on thingiverse! has anyone made one and would you be into sharing a customizable file??

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Chances are, if it's not on Thingiverse then you're not going to find it. If I had my workstation set up and a MotoX to model off of I would offer to do it. But I don't have either at the moment, sorry.

Did you try Google? Maybe another site has one you can grab.

Quote Originally Posted by klack View Post
    not sure if this is the right place for this but im trying to make a case for my MotoX phone seems to be the only phone out there not on thingiverse! has anyone made one and would you be into sharing a customizable file??

Have you looked on Shapeways? You might only find a design that can be printed on their site, but you could probably contact the designer and ask for the CAD file.

If you find a customizable phone case on Thingiverse, you can download the OpenSCAD file and alter it to fit your phone. The software is free, and usually the parameters you want to alter are easy to find. If you have any experience with programming in C, or any friend that has that experience, they could probably figure it out in an hour or so.
    OR, you might email the designer and ask them to do it for you. It would help if you sent them the dimensions of your phone, including the location of cameras and buttons.