Close

Error "max temp,bed" on new Prusia I3

Just setting my Prusa, an new to this. Getting an error of " max temp bed" . Just checking out the printer was not printing anything.It starts to heat up and quickly shuts down. Any ideas. Much appreciated

Ron:
    I had a very similar failure. If you still need an idea, look for a faulty stepper driver on the RAMPS 1.4 board that is triggering the firmware to declare a 'Max Temp' error. I narrowed my problem down by unplugging all my stepper driver modules, then re-installing one at a time, between programming the head temperature. When I installed the 1st Z-axis driver module, I got a temp failure message (Slic3r). Replacing the bad module brought balance back to the universe (for me, anyway).
    Good luck.

Wes

thanks Wes.

Appreciate the reply. I just figure out and fixed my " max temp" I was just setting up and have not print as yet. But my problem was a broker wire at the board plug in the socket of the thermister wire. I was in the process of replacing the thermister with a spare and noticed the wire was not making a proper connection. Thanks , I am not as far along as you.

Ron