Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

anyone have the monoprice Maker Architect

Anyone have the Monoprice maker architect? How are the prints?

Student
    Bought one for my son for Christmas - was up and running very quickly. I'm brand new to 3d printing, so I'm not sure what to compare it to, but we printed a few things at .1mm resolution and they came out pretty smooth. Works just fine with PLA, but at some point I'll try to figure out how to add heated bed for more filament options. Hope that helps. I'd be glad to answer any questions about his machine as best I can. I bought this one because it was upgradable and hit my "magic" price number of $300.

Quote Originally Posted by aforsman View Post
    Bought one for my son for Christmas - was up and running very quickly. I'm brand new to 3d printing, so I'm not sure what to compare it to, but we printed a few things at .1mm resolution and they came out pretty smooth. Works just fine with PLA, but at some point I'll try to figure out how to add heated bed for more filament options. Hope that helps. I'd be glad to answer any questions about his machine as best I can. I bought this one because it was upgradable and hit my "magic" price number of $300.
    Sweet thanks. Can you upload any pics of prints?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by canadabear07 View Post
    Sweet thanks. Can you upload any pics of prints?
    Here's some pics20151228_221520.jpg20151228_221323.jpg20151228_221457.jpg20151228_221508.jpg of something he's working on now - it's a combination lock that has several pieces. May not be the best quality images (taken with my phone). I got as close as the camera would allow without blurring. These were printed at .2mm layer resolution.

Awesome thanks!

No metal frame, no heated bed, plastic arms. Think twice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    have you not read a single review on this printer? Some of the best printers I've seen are made of a plastic or wood frame. And I'll be upgrading to a heated bed. My only other option was the maker select and although this doesn't have a heated bed and all that, this is supposed to give better prints. Can't find one bad review on this printer

Really? Heated bed with plastic arms? Good luck. And why do you think newer printers have metal frames? Ever heard of vibration damping?

Really? Heated bed with plastic arms? Good luck. And why do you think newer printers have metal frames? Ever heard of vibration damping?
    this printer is pretty much the same as the flashforge creator. So basically all your saying is that the flash forget creator original is a pos. Which it's very far from. Do your research before you go and make up stupid crap.

Hmm and the flashforge creator has plastic arms and a heated bed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast