Close

Threaded View

Engineer-in-Training
    The 10% infill is getting you where you need to be. I would still lower the temperature to 180-190 C though.

With the 100% infill you see that too much plastic is being extruded, at 100% infill it simply has no other place to go but sideways or up. At 10%, the plastic can go sideways into the empty space....

My guess is that your slicer has a multiplier on the infill. That means that it extrudes more plastic than required in order to make stronger hatching. Have a look at the infill settings and see if you can find something.

And again: lower temperatures, lower temperatures (for PLA that is, not ABS which needs 225-235) ......

With halving the speeds I mean the extruding things, Travel speeds are OK as they were.

The feedstockmultiplier is (I think?) a setting in the menu's of your printer which are available when you are printing, and yes they do increase/reduce the amount of plastic being extruded and override the slicer settings on the run. This is usefull for fine-tuning as you can change this on the fly.

Whether or not S3D is a personal choice. Many people are perfectly happy with Makerware, Cura, etc. My experience is that S3D (apart from the pre-built profiles) is fast, accurate and handles a lot of the settings a lot more intelligently than the free slicers. Given a pre-built profile, you still have loads of fine-tweaking posibilities which are very powerful, and control of supports is excellent. What I love most is the capability of loading multiple objects and applying different profiles to them (for example one part at 100% infill, the others at 30%, or slower speeds for a part that needs finer details, etc) so that I can print a project in whole at once. By saving the 'factory file' (a S3D thing), I build an archive of ready-to-print projects.

I have no ties with the makers of S3D whatever, it just is a cracking good piece of software and I am just one of the many users. Also the online support guides are good: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/ As to the problems you are facing, have a read here: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/p...oubleshooting/

As time is money, I have got a really good return on my $150 investment so to speak. But again, the choice is yours. Don't blame me if you purchase and afterwards feel it is not worth it.
    Last edited by Alibert; 12-30-2015 at 01:46 AM.