Close

Holes on the SIDES of print (no holes on top)

Hello!

Can you help me identify the problem shown on the pictures below? It appeared not so long ago. I print with PLA at 220-230 degrees. I have already tried to lower the temperature to 210 and I cleaned up the nozzle. I wasn't able to find any similar in troubleshooting guides.

2.jpg3.jpg1.jpg

It does look like you are printing too hot. 205 C is a very common temperature for PLA.

How fast are you printing? Could be too fast...

But Roxy's right, lower that temp....

Roxy,

That was my first guess too. However, look at the picture. The one on the right was printed at about 190-200 C. It also look mat, which is strange to me.
    Ignore the shifting problem.

Also, I didn't see anything like this on the pictures of printed-too-hot models.

4.jpg

Sebastian,

I'll try, that sounds reasonably, thanks.

FYI:
    I print PLA at 180-190 (depending on the overall size of the print) on a glass bed with hairspray as my 'glue'. Bed temp is 40, altho, I likely don't need it.
    Could it be moisture in the filament, that is 'boiling-out' at the high temps?

What speed are you printing at ? It might be that printing hot at high speed is OK-ish but if you print at lower temps you would need to slow down as well.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    print slower .

Do you have active cooling ?

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Try adding another layer of vertical shell as well.