I recently purchased a kit from Electron 3d, which is just a clone of the Migbot from what I hear.

After a lot of troubleshooting I was finally getting some pretty amazing prints, but tonight I ran into a problem I can't seem to figure out. About and hour ago I noticed when my finger/skin was near the hotend tip of the extruder that I could "feel" an electrical field (kind of like a hum) from about 2cm away. This was interesting to me, but I guessed I had just not noticed it before, then about 30 minutes later, for the first time, I touched the metal housing on the extruder and it shocked me. It felt like a static shock, but I touched it a second time and it shocked me again (I had not even moved, so it couldn't have been static.)

I noticed after the shock that the LCD display was scrambled (which happen occasionally when I update the firmware) but the printer still works fine. I'm sure if I were to plug it back in, the screen would show it's normal text, like if I did a hard reset after updating the firmware.

My issue is, I don't want to turn on the printer if there is a grounding issue, which I don't suspect there is considering I haven't had this problem until now. I know the PSU is grounded, as I replaced the cheap cord included with the kit with a properly polarized and grounded computer power cord, and the connection between the cord and the PSU hasn't been touched/moved/breathed on since it was installed (made sure it was secure before the first power on as well by tugging on the cable connections, which were firm.)

I have fixed every problem this kit has thrown at me, but this one scares me. I am worried that, since the issue has just spontaneously degraded to where it is now, that if I play with it too much it could become a hazard and I might get electrocuted.

Does anyone have a clue what I could try? Is there any additional info you need?

Thanks in advance.