Close

Thread: Amazing!

Amazing!

Hello people,

I am new to the community, so hello all!

Just like to say, having just built the 8"x8" i3v kit, it is running brilliantly from scratch - about 15 hour build time. Aluminium bed and E3d v6 hotend which was a bit of a pig to build imho but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iggESG52v1Q helped a great deal! Drilling a bigger hole for the extruder was a bit of a surprise - my fault for not reading all the doc up front.

Never done this before, but all has gone so well!

Huge credit to Colin at makerfarm for answering any questions (most of which were about how long UK customs took to clear) within about 2 mins of sending an email. How does he do that?

My ONLY criticism is the online instructions do not cover how to build the extruder but he has made an excellent youtube video, so no worries.

My only prob so far is the X axis gets a little stiff the further away from the end stop the carriage gets. However it does not seem to impact the print but I will sort with a small rebuild, or the engineers tool... WD40 lol.

Printing at 0.2 layer height at the moment. Am I right in thinking I can go down to 0.05? Not sure I will live that long to print but good to know.

Tony

Engineer
    Stick to .2 for a few weeks as you play with it and continue to calibrate. things get more complicated when you push it.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    Stick to .2 for a few weeks as you play with it and continue to calibrate. things get more complicated when you push it.
    Thanks for the reply - I printed a case for the Arduino microcontroller at 0.1 and it came out brilliantly. The hole in the lid fitted the LCD display perfectly. But I don't intend to do much more at 0.1.