Hello All,

I have read so many reviews and guides and watched videos and I am still having trouble deciding a model 3d printer to buy so I wanted to ask a community. I am a very tech savvy individual who is looking for a printer for general use DIY, small repair parts, electronic project housings, small usable gears, etc. I do not have one use so I am looking to get a 3d Printer that can fulfill as many of my possible uses as I can for my budget. Since I am a new 3d printer use I started looking at the cheaper models to get my feet wet like the recent $300 deal for a Monoprice Maker Architect 3D Printer, but even though the price was great in my opinion I have still been looking as even though I would much prefer to spend in the $300-$500 (Maker, Printrbot Simple, recommended better one) range to get a unit as my first printer to tinker with I know I could spend $800-$1200 range if I knew it was worth it for my use.

Basically I think the main thing I am not getting from online reviews and guides has been is will a $800-1200 printer (Printrbot Plus, Rostock MAX, FlashForge, your recommended model) be extremely better and truly worth my money for my non specific home shop/diy type of use?

Also what models in the price ranges would you guys recommend I look into? Are the ones I mentioned good or have I been thrown off my online marketing?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, as all help is appreciated!