Close

Banned

Electronics 3D Printing to Be $35 Billion Industry By 2020

Pretty impressive. IdTechEx predicts that the current $5 billion annual market for 3D printed electronics will grow to over $35 billion by 2020. They also predict, which is not shown in this graph, that by 2030 things will explode to $300 billion. OLEDs are the number one item to be printed, but later on solar panels will begin picking up steam.

I find it interesting that a couple weeks ago Gartner released a study also showing general 3D printing to grow steadily until 2024, and then explode with growth there after. Seems like most analysts feel that the 2020-2024 period will be when 3D printing hit's its stride of exponential growth.

Some of this may have to do with the printing of Graphene. Likely not available on a large scale basis for another 7-8 years, in my opinion, that would play right into the explosive growth in the 2020's of 3D printed electronics. 3D printing Insider brought up a very good point here: http://3dprintinginsider.com/graphen...tronics_b14421

I personally beleive that the 2020's will blow away every other decade in terms of innovation. We may see more progress in that decade as we have in the last 5 combined. All these technologies are seemingly converging.