Close

ARC-One 3D Printer

The ARC-One is an open source 3D printer born out of the best inspiration--by makers who were striving to make the machine they would want for themselves. Offering a larger, faster and much more affordable machine than their competitors, the ARC-One team developed a 3D printer that uses its own operating system and is able to work autonomously. For only $1399 on Kickstarter now, users can look forward to a large build volume, high speed, and high resolution, along with options such as a dual head, and the ability to print with a wide variety of materials. Read more at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/109963/kickstarte...ne-3d-printer/

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Any bets on yet another failed kick starter...

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Printing is as easy as obtaining a 3D model either via USB drive or SD-card or you can download directly on the printer’s intuitive 5-inch display… and telling it to print,”
    I can already do that on a $500 machine.

I kind of like the integrated computer bit - but then I could just as easily buy a £50 amazon fire tablet, velcro it to the front of my printer and have exactly the same thing, only with quad core processing, cameras and 123d catch and a bunch of other stuff :-)

The specs look good, the price - okay

The ARC-One is set for delivery in July of 2016. Shipping is a flat rate of $110,
    And that's where things start to go tits-up.

Shipping to anywhere other than the country of manufacture will kill them.

I genuinely want all these little companies on kickstarter to succeed, but so many of them are run by clever engineers with bugger all business experience, and that's usually the end that turns round and bites it's own arse.

Good luck - and if you do ship in july, please come and tell us cynics you did it :-)