Close

Print .thing or .scad files with Dreamer

I found a thing on Thingiverse I'd like to print using both extruders. However, the files only come as .thing or .scad files and I've not been able to figure out how to convert those into a file format that the Dreamer using FlashPrint can use. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this done? Thanks in advance for any help.

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    As far as I know, the .THING file is a container for STL files. Try to decompress your .thing file using WinZip or WinRAR. You should be able to get the STL file out of it. With regards to .scad files, you can open and export is using OpenSCAD. Or if you want a simpler method, you can upload it to Libre3d.com and download the converted STL file. Hope this helps!

Thanks, Bobby. I was able to decompress the .thing file once I changed the file extension to .zip. Three separate .stl files resulted and I was able to load them into FlashPrint. I really appreciate your help!

Dave