Close

CTC 3D Printer - Dual Extruder - MK8 vs Geeetech Rostock G2s Pro

Hello, I'm quite new to this topic, but some of my friends are printing parts with their 3d-printers, too.
    I'm quite an experienced rc-model builder and have no problems in building huge things, so I really would love to have an DIY-set like the Geeetech printer.
    But all my friends use the CTC MK8 printer,... also It is availiable via Ebay, so I could buy me this printer this month.
    I contacted Geeetech and some resellers, but they don't have the G2s-printer anywhere near me (Germany) so I would spend approx. 200$ to get it here in Germany.
    Also I could wait 2 month, and get it to the same price as the CTC-printer.

My questions are .. are those printers comparable ? Which one would you prefer, and why

Thank you for your help

Greetings
    damien

Senior Engineer
    The CTC every day of the week. Geeetech do not tell the truth.

It looks like the geeetech printer is build more stable, so I'm not really sure Can you tell me why you would prefer the CTC ? Why does Geeektech not tell the truth?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm really thinking about my investment ... and I know that I'll have to mod both printers, to get optimum quality out of this.

Senior Engineer
    I don't know why they do not tell the truth. I do know that I have bought from them and the items I received did not meet the spec that they said it did and their support totally sucks, that is if you can get any response at all from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    I don't know why they do not tell the truth. I do know that I have bought from them and the items I received did not meet the spec that they said it did and their support totally sucks, that is if you can get any response at all from them.
    Oh okey .. that really sucks

There's reprap germany in your country : that should save a lot on shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    There's reprap germany in your country : that should save a lot on shipping.
    Yes I know, but they are much more expensive. Also CTC has an warehouse here in Germany, so you can get those printers for ~400€ +Modifications.