Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Student
    Add JohnnyV on Facebook
    Anyone tried flexible filament with these hotends?

I've used Inlands Flexible plastic and it printed the same as with the original hot end. No problems.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Well I've ordered 2, so looks like my turn for this mod... :-)

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Inlands Flexible stuff is Poo Poo compared to NinjaFlex.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Inlands Flexible stuff is Poo Poo compared to NinjaFlex.
    How so? Never tried NinjaFlex so would be courious on the benifits.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    The flex stuff from inland is like a slightly flexible PLA. NinjaFlex has rubber like properties and can be stretched and pulled every which way and it doesn't get destroyed. Well to a point...

Hello, new user to the forum. I have had the Miroswiss all metal hot end kit installed since it was released. I've printed in ABS and Ninjaflex Semiflex. Both print very nicely. The install wasn't that bad, but I did end up creating an intermittent break on the leads my right extruder's fan.(and didn't realize this) - this caused the right extruder to clog the next time I used it. When I took everything apart to clean I made sure to add the included thermal paste to the seat of the heatsink as well.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    I installed mine ~2 weeks ago, and they have performed well. I did have problems getting both extruders exactly on the same plane. The way the instruction have you tighten the nozzle as the last step is what was causing my problem. I simply could not get both nozzles perfectly on the same plane doing it that way. I was forced to make adjustments to the entire hot end after everything was completed.

I'm sure it was me, as I am a bit OCD when it comes to some things, and really wanted those extruders exactly at the same height, which I wind up getting them darn close

Is there not a jig that you can print to align the height of the nozzles?

Here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1021725
    Last edited by king3d; 01-10-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by king3d View Post
    Is there not a jig that you can print to align the height of the nozzles?

Here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1021725
    Yes, but the instruction for the kit says to tighten up the nozzles as the very last step. This of course (at least in my case) doesn't allow the heights to be correct.

I'm not sure how accurate a printed part can be used for a borderline precision adjustment. The on-line videos, of the factory showing how to adjust are using what looks like a steel gauge.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast