Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Micro Swiss MK10 All M​etal Hotend Kit for Flashforge

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has tried Micro Swiss MK10 All M​etal Hotends on there Flashforge Printers? http://www.micro-swiss.com/#!product-page/cv9c/29551477-6081-c30f-04fe-cece31e3ba6f

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Looks like nice quality.

I've been using mine for the past few months. It works great. I also upgraded to an aluminum carriage and can print nylon and polycarbonate now.

How hot can you print with just the All metal Hot end? Does it allow you to print faster? Where can a guy buy an aluminum carriage?

The Flashforge has a firmware limit of 280C using Sailfish firmware (which is probably what yours is running). I imagine the hotend can withstand higher temperatures, but it's difficult to make the flashforge go past its maximum of 280C. It does allow printing faster so long as your filament can handle higher temps. I bought my aluminum carriage from http://shop.raffle.ch/shop/alucarriage-dual/ . It's expensive, but worth it if you want to print polycarbonate or nylon.

Cool, What's your thoughts on printing polycarbonates out of your flashforge. Is it a difficult material to print? Warping? What temp do you print it at?

Thanks for your input and time!

Polycarbonate is very difficult to get to stick to the printbed. I have to use a glue stick even with the bed at 100C. I print the PC at 280C and it does pretty well. I dry out the filament for a few hours before I print with it (just like nylon) or else it has too much moisture and the layers do not adhere well. Other than that, it's able to produce nice quality prints. It's just more difficult to get to work correctly.

Wondering if one could just print a new carrier in polycarbonate instead of buying the aluminum one? If it would work?

Senior Engineer
    I made a brass carriage for mine from 3mm sheet and it works very well.

That sounds great! I'm interested to see what it looks like

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast