Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways

Flashforge Dreamer vs Creator Pro

I am thinking to buy a printer from Flashforge, but I don't know exactly what I should choose... Dreamer or Creator Pro. Any ideas?
    How different are the prints made with the 2 printers? What are the advantages for each?

Thanks!
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    creator pro.
    Just read the reviews and comments.

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    I read reviews and some grade Dreamer better than Creator Pro and say it's more easy to use... But on the other hand, there are many more who seem to use Creator Pro...
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

I recently purchased a Creator Pro, it prints wonderfully. I'd recommend the creator pro

Creator Pro (or a clone of it, I bought the Powerspec 3D Pro clone of it) for sure. GREAT printer for the price...

I have the Dreamer. Has been working non-stop for a couple of weeks now. Works good. If I had to do it again though, I probably would have bought a Powerspec 3D / Creator Pro. Not much more expensive (Powerspec 3D is cheaper then both), and gives you more options to play around with.

But I'm very happy with the Dreamer as well. And yes indeed, it is very easy to use. So in a way I'm kinda glad I got it, as I'm very new to 3D printing.

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    The Dreamer is very new compared to the Pro, which is probably why there are many more users. I bought my dreamer a few months ago, and its ran pretty much non-stop, and the prints are amazing. Having an inclosed chamber helps tremendously. Two downsides though: 1) Besides Simplify 3D (which costs $149), FlashPrint is the only software that works with it (as far as I know). So if you don't want to drop that much for software, you're stuck with it. 2) To use the full enclosure, you'll have use narrow spools that fit in the chamber. I use 2 lb spools from Octave, which don't fit, so I had to get creative. On the upside it can use WiFi, which many can't do. Otherwise, its a well built printer that produces great prints, and is very easy to use if you're new to 3DP.

If you want to use bigger spools for the Dreamer, you will have to make an outside spool holder.

I made one of these, http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:508896 , and feed through the side vents. Works pretty nice!

I am trying to decide between the Dreamer and the pro also. I am looking more at the pro. I currently have a Da Vinvi 1.0 and use Simplify 3d with it so I will be using Simplify 3d with one of these. Just can't make up my mind on which one to get.

Will the Creator Pro do the HIPS, Nylon, PC, and PVA filaments?

For the beginner, I think Dreamer is good choice as their Slicing software Flashprint is easy to use, but if you want to use other Slicing software which provide you more printing setting functions, you may need to buy Simplify 3D as it is already compatible with Dreamer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast