Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychophoria View Post
    1. Is printing ABS unrealistic at this time? Why does it need a enclosure? I just feel it's most durable for what I'd like to do.
    Have you given consideration to try PET ? It doesn't warp, it doesn't require a 110°C heated bed, it doesn't smell (as much), it melts above 85°C which is probably OK for whatever you have in mind...

4. What's the difference between the Printrbot Metal and Plus? They look quite similar, but the Printrbot metal is quite a bit cheaper.
    The Printrbot line has 3 products : the Play, the Simple and the Plus. They used to be in wood, so when they shifted to metal contruction they named them the Metal Plus, the Metal Simple...
    The Plus has 10*10*10 inch volume, the Simple is smaller but you can upgrade the Z and Y axis with some kits so I think you can reach 6*8*10 volume. I'd say both are interesting for you.

If I were to build an enclosure, would the Printrbot Simple or Plus be acceptable for ABS?

People have been printing ABS with both so far, without enclosure. Don't know how efficiently though : I went straigt to PET.

An enclosure would help, that will remain true nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    People have been printing ABS with both so far, without enclosure. Don't know how efficiently though : I went straigt to PET.

An enclosure would help, that will remain true nevertheless.
    I have decided on either the Metal or the Plus.
    From my research, Printrbot has an excellent reputation, which is a major plus in my opinion.
    It prints in ABS, which is a must for me.
    The quality is VERY high compared to Chinese knock offs.

I have decided on either the Metal or the Plus.
    From my research, Printrbot has an excellent reputation, which is a major plus in my opinion.
    It prints in ABS, which is a must for me.
    The quality is VERY high compared to Chinese knock offs.
    Congrats!
    The hardest part is making a decision on which one. Now you're down to just two!
    The only hard part left is the payment).
    Looking forward to hearing your experiences with it

PS...I was under the impression that the parts for all these printers pretty much came from the same manufacturers...clones included.
    But I'm still a noob myself.

Well. I'm going to have to bump this thread..
    I'm sitting in front of my ROBO 3D right now, and well. I'm ready to bury the thing..
    It has been NOTHING but issues since I got it. Worked great for about four hours, then it went downhill and off a cliff into Hell.
    I think I need a different model.
    What about that Printrbot Metal Plus? I know it doesn't have a heated bed, but.. Do you need that for printing with PETG? I'm kind of over the ABS thing, when PETG has more strength and is much less temperamental.
    Printrbot headquarters is a quick 15 minute drive, so I'll be heading there Monday just to check it out at least.
    I really like the build size with the ROBO 3D. The build quality of the unit, I would say, is so-so, the print quality is now horrible.
    I heard Printrbot print quality is sub-par.
    Check out my thread on the ROBO forums, and you can see the nightmare I've been through.
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.ph...f-issues.7359/
    Thankfully, Amazon.com has a GREAT return policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Congrats!
    The hardest part is making a decision on which one. Now you're down to just two!
    The only hard part left is the payment).
    Looking forward to hearing your experiences with it

PS...I was under the impression that the parts for all these printers pretty much came from the same manufacturers...clones included.
    But I'm still a noob myself.
    Maybe I should of gone with the Metal or Plus like I was planning on.

Don't know where you read that : it is also sold with Ã* heated bed.
    What about that Printrbot Metal Plus? I know it doesn't have a heated bed, but.. Do you need that for printing with PETG? I'm kind of over the ABS thing, when PETG has more strength and is much less temperamental.
    Printrbot headquarters is a quick 15 minute drive, so I'll be heading there Monday just to check it out at least.
    Do go. They seem like a nice bunch.

This morning I got the ROBO 3D to work again..
    I will still check out Printrbot anyways.
    What a HEADACHE it's been this printer.
    But on the positive side of things, I've learned SO much.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    This morning I got the ROBO 3D to work again..
    I will still check out Printrbot anyways.
    What a HEADACHE it's been this printer.
    But on the positive side of things, I've learned SO much.
    and that hopefully out weighed the frustration... Just think how much better you know your printer now...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast