Close

hesine m-505-b vs electron mix g3 vs ?others?

Hello guys,

I'd really like to join your 3D-Printing Community but I'd need some help as I'm totally new. Sorry if I ask questions that seem to you like beginners stuff I should know.

As I don't want to spend much money on my first printer I have these two printer looked up as possible candidates for me:

The hesine m-505-b on aliexpress
    (http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32357171936.html). I'm a bit scared of build quality and instructions as they seem to be in Chinese only. Second I read about some of the printers that they there power supply isn't sufficient and the heatbed can not reach the wanted temperature.

But as they have 1100+ orders and an overall very good rating I thought maybe some of you already have experience and can share them or advice me if I should or shouldn't.

The second printer I found just right know was the electron mix g3

Which is on sale for the another 2 days on 3dprintersonline (https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.co...3d-printer-kit).
    As dprintersonline seems to me to be a better store as aliexpress I thought this might be the better option. They advertise their product to be better than the prusa i3, which I can't tell. They have a Bowden extruder (e3d v6), probably better(?). They have a known heatbed mk3.

I just want to gain some printing experience. I don't need to have superduper quality print but still good.

I just don't know if they are both crap or if one (or if both of them) are good?

Can you please help me? Thanks in advance anyway.

Greetings
    SPiN3D

Ohh no one can help me?

Hi,
    We've had many talks in this forum about printers close to or under 200$ : indiegogo projects, kickstarters, ... guess what : none of them panned out.

Buying from a chinese reseller is also a very bad move. Today these machines still require repairs/spares/troubleshooting and if you can't do it on your own and intend to buy from an unknown company ... you're setting yourself up for frustration.

I would recommend that you consider buying a serious reprap kit from an established company : look for the active subthreads in this forum. If you are a beginner ensure that at least they have a clear record of good tech support/strong community.

Ok thank you.
    I will try to find a different one.

I was hoping to get it by Christmas..

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    or you could throw another few bucks and get one of these: http://wanhaousa.com/products/duplicator-i3-steel-frame

Probably the best value for money machine around. Hell that works out at £266.
    Bloody things are up to £350 in the uk !

For the money I don't think there's anything else around that comes close.

And you don't even have to build it, set it up, sort the software, try and calibrate, give up and ask thousands of questions on lots of different forums, before finally realising you'd wired it up wrong amd there were 3 widgets missing anyway which you never find anywhere to buy them from :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 12-07-2015 at 06:11 AM.

most everything is made in china ,,and there can not be 1000 buyers giving high marks for a product that is bad ,, my own view is that i have on order mix g3 with a large bed 200 280 200 ,, when you look at all you get ,best hot end, good board ,good bed and no acrylic ,and the plastic parts look very solid ,, and very good instruction and easy to put together ,,yes its a new printer and not many reviews ,i think its going to be a top seller , i deign new products for a living ,( not 3d printers ) i am taking a chance but my plan is to place it on a 3/4 plywood board and if need be ,,,,easy to run extra braces ,that why people pay 3 times more for metal just to make it more stable , so why pay 3 times more when for a few dollar ,get plywood and a couple straps to make this as solid as metal , i don't think it will need extra support but i like to have a backup plan . i like the way this is designed and the old saying is ( keep it simple stupid ) if this 3d printer becomes hot seller the price will go up .it already jumped on ali express. ,,,,,,,,, i just hope i am right about this 3d printer and will not know until Christmas ,i think its a good gamble ,i don't like acrylic one more reason why i went with mix g3

Quote Originally Posted by japat View Post
    ,and there can not be 1000 buyers giving high marks for a product that is bad
    1000 reviewers gave it a good mark ? Well & good. Have never heard of it before. Would that be a case of "1000 reviews, 1 IP adress" ?

i am taking a chance but my plan is to place it on a 3/4 plywood board and if need be ,,,,easy to run extra braces ,that why people pay 3 times more for metal just to make it more stable , so why pay 3 times more when for a few dollar ,get plywood and a couple straps to make this as solid as metal , i don't think it will need extra support but i like to have a backup plan . i like the way this is designed and the old saying is ( keep it simple stupid ) if this 3d printer becomes hot seller the price will go up .it already jumped on ali express. ,,,,,,,,, i just hope i am right about this 3d printer and will not know until Christmas ,i think its a good gamble ,i don't like acrylic one more reason why i went with mix g3
    So let me get this straight ... plywood is better than metal but acrylic is a big no no ? ... I won't bother commenting that one.
    most everything is made in china
    True enough. The difference is in the mindset. Having spent 3 years in China for work purposes I can tell you that Quality and aftersales are not even an afterthought. They aren't there. That's why I'm confident to buy a made in China product from a western company. They will ensure the end product quality filtering, proper aftersales service and adress whatever design issue with appropriate update.
    With a Chinese company : whatever you get, once you have it, you're stuck with it. Customer protection laws in western countries ensure that customers are protected from such behaviours... where these laws apply.

Since 3D printing is still "young", and people have the bad habit to go for new products with no history : a lot of infancy problems (in the design) have to be dealt with. Now come and say that Chinese manufacturers have a history of acting responsibly in face of such problems. That'd be a great joke.

there are 3d printers on aliexpress

There are 3d printers on aliexpress that have sold over 2000 units , the reviews are 4.7 stars and higher .The reviews also includes the seller , if you run into problems the seller is there to back it up, so for you to say "'With a Chinese company : whatever you get, once you have it, you're stuck with it."",Try tell the 50 million visitors and 30 million items sold in 24 hours sale on aliexpress a week ago , i don't know where you get your information when you make such foolish statement

if you would rather buy the same product for twice the money ,with a different name from a US or Canadian CO.etc . that's up to you . I will say a person should try buy local if you can ,this printer i have on order was not available in my country ,at the same time I would rather go by the reviews of the the buyers then believe the ads of any co.

your other quote again is wrong ,, plywood is better than metal but acrylic is a big no no,,

IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE APPLICATION ,, plywood base helps lower vibration, i think it would add a lot to mix g3 printer so it could be moved around ,and if need be could add extra support with little or no cost , I can not see why you would use 20 lbs of metal for a base

student asked a good question ,, and my answer to is go to your aliexpress page ,read the reviews and when you see lots off reviews on 3d printer with 4 .7 stars or higher you will not go wrong ,, there is nothing wrong with acrylic frame if you plan to set it up and leave it in one place .
    In my case I have a number of homes so acrylic frame would not be the way to go ,since the printer must be mobile

There is no better teacher for a student then buying a 3d printer that needs a lot of setting up and tweaking and the cheap 3d printer with good reviews is the way to go ,

GO FOR IT and its a great Christmas gift to yourself ,you deserve it