Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wow!

I'd have never guessed it'd make such a huge difference, thanks for the photo.

glass, is it essential?

Since you brought up glass, I noticed the local library's Cube never produces curled bottoms, and they have glass platforms. I've used various on my platform and may get good adhesion for, at best, a few weeks, but they seem to all eventually curl. I hate to keep throwing money at this but do you feel glass is essential for adhesion/no curling? Thanks for any advice/info/opinion you may offer.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Are we talking ABS?.... In my limited experience, I wouldn't say glass is essential, I read many success stories with other materials.

It does however work very well for me. All I use is plain old extra hold hairspray on my glass. I can get about 4-6 prints before I need to clean it off and re-apply. I think there are 2 benefits from using glass (probably more), the first is flatness, and the second is after the glass cools, the prints just 'fall' off.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyInNH View Post
    Since you brought up glass, I noticed the local library's Cube never produces curled bottoms, and they have glass platforms. I've used various on my platform and may get good adhesion for, at best, a few weeks, but they seem to all eventually curl. I hate to keep throwing money at this but do you feel glass is essential for adhesion/no curling? Thanks for any advice/info/opinion you may offer.
    Curling/warping and lack of adhesion are no the same thing and can have very different causes and remedies. You are going to have to give more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Curling/warping and lack of adhesion are no the same thing and can have very different causes and remedies. You are going to have to give more information.
    Original surface on Flashforge worked great for 6 weeks, with short objects. Tall objects, no joy. Put a new one on, same thing send by the vendor, didn't work. Next up, Zebra mat, no joy. Hairspray, no joy. Even superglued rising edge, no joy. Anything taller than 3/4 inch curls. Anything under is fine.

Local library uses a Cube with glass, never a problem.

Curled object eventually rises enough that the extruder hits it and knocks it off the platform. Though curling alone a problem on this accuracy matters print.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123