Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    I don't think this is a software issue, it sounded more like an OS issue. We all know that Vista was a failure, so I guess most software are not build to be compatible with Win Vista.

TurboCAD 11 Pro and Microsoft Flight simulator X runs fantastic on it.

What else matters?

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Yes, as of about 2 weeks ago, a lot of stupid stuff is happening. Yes, resources through the roof.

Before that, probably one of the best behaved computers I've had.
    That does sound dodgy. I usually do a clean install of the OS every 6 months as a matter of maintenance. If you can, try that and see how S3D works then...

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    That does sound dodgy. I usually do a clean install of the OS every 6 months as a matter of maintenance. If you can, try that and see how S3D works then...
    I do believe that is a very good idea.
    I'm WAY past due for a reinstall.

I do it a little differently......
    I use Clonezilla to make a snapshot of my entire drive right after a clean install, updates and installing the critical software that I know I will always need.
    Then when it's time to wipe and reinstall, I install the Clonezilla image and it saves a lot of time and configuration headaches.
    Then all I have to do is install those programs Installed since the Clonezilla run plus all my backed up data.
    Just me. YMMV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12