Close

Kudo3d Titan 1, Formlabs Form 2, Muve3d or other?

Just my latest evaluation. Since i own three FDM printers and im going resin crazy lately (own a CTC Resin printer which is quite good actually) I want to up my game.

THe pros and cons are so even with the three in the title... Ive ruled out the pegasus due to poor resin compatibility issues.

are there any other resin printers from $2500-$5000 i should be considering?

Larger build area is nice, however it comes at the expense of resolution with DLP.

Kudo3d Titan 1 - Pros - decent build area, not huge. Amazing resolution in ALL axis's. Modular approach. Nice vat technology. Fast printing.
    Cons - little bit hard to dial in. Figuring out each resins exposure settings etc. Vat peeling FEP/PDMS film if raised too quick. I dont want to have to customize how fast i raise the vat. Just do it for me.

Formlabs Form 2 - Pros - decent build size (smallest of my contenders tho). Very nice resolution (less so on the XandY), Great customer support, Well built machine. Resin tank + swiping arm is nice. Automatic resin feed and drip free catridges. Wifi enabled prints.
    Cons - price compared to build area. Slower than DLP. If you want to use the resin cartridges they are super pricey.

Muve3d - Pros - Build area. Resin compatibility list. Customizeable. Upgradeable (second projector perhaps?) , Decent support. If dialed in, outstanding quality prints.
    Cons - A tinkerers resin printer (would take a lot of time/effort to dial it in). Resolution at full size build area is 150 micros (not acceptable). Kit (even if built by the vendor. It looks and smells like a kit, that scares me).

Honestly, this is a REALLY hard decision. And made even harder when im sure someone will chime in with the latest and greatest new thing that i dont know about yet (morpheus maybe?)

What are your guys thoughts?

thanks

is resin printing really that rare compared to FDM? lol