Close

Replicator 2x Raft Interference Layer Collisions

Hello all,

New member here hoping to get some guidance on a problem I keep running into.

I am printing a model that I am in need of using a raft on due to curling corners. I am getting great print quality on my raft, and on my model when printed separate. However, after the raft has been printed and the interference layer has been printed, The printing of the model base layer seems to make the interference layer bulge upward causing a collision with the print head and subsequently causing the print to fail.

I have tried slowing down my print settings, I have tried increasing my raft to model distance, I have tried playing with my layer heights... I just cant seem to beat this problem.

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

BTW:

Printer: Replicator 2X
    Software: Makerware 3.8
    Firmware: 7.6
    Filament: Makerbot filament

Student
    I am having a similar problem. To me it seemed like it was printing the object on the same layer as the raft so the nozzle would rub against it and shake the whole build plate. Eventually it would say 'filament jam' and stop the print. I haven't found a solution yet, just been printing without a raft when I can.

Also:
    Printer: Replicator 5th Gen
    Software: Makerware 3.8
    Firmware: unknown
    Filament: Makerbot filament