Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow FlashForge Creator Pro 3D - any reason NOT to buy one?

Hello,
    I've all but decided to buy a FlashForge Creator Pro 3D printer but wanted to bounce it here just for any last bits of enlightenment I might get.

I plan to use it to make small parts mainly for hobby but also I will offer some replicas for sale.
    I am an experienced CAD designer and already work with TurboCAD Professional and I'm familiar with NetFabb and a few other similar.

The size limitations are fine for my applications.

Is there anything I don't know about this particular printer that I should before purchasing this one?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post

Is there anything I don't know about this particular printer that I should before purchasing this one?

Thanks
    Depending on where you reside, just that the clones are cheaper...

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    Depending on where you reside, just that the clones are cheaper...
    I'm in Florida.
    I wasn't even aware there is a clone of the FlashForge Creator Pro ?

Wouldn't that be risky?

You are aware that the FlashForge Creator Pro is A Makerbot Replicator clone, correct? Does that make the FF risky? Anyway, MicroCenter has a good clone as does MonoPrice. There are more, you just need to look. I own the MicroCenter version, but wouldn't hesitate on the MonoPrice if I didn't own the one I got...

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    You are aware that the FlashForge Creator Pro is A Makerbot Replicator clone, correct? Does that make the FF risky? Anyway, MicroCenter has a good clone as does MonoPrice. There are more, you just need to look. I own the MicroCenter version, but wouldn't hesitate on the MonoPrice if I didn't own the one I got...

lol
    I bought my very first 386 based PC from MicroCenter back around 1986.....the 486 hadn't been released yet.
    I "think" I remember the 286 at MicroCenter but not sure about that.
    MAN....those were fun times!

As far as the 3D printer clones....I'm so confused now that I decided I better wait to purchase one. <head spins, Linda Blair style>

Here's a link, check it out. Check the price out...

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

With just some of the savings you get from buying this clone, do yourself a favor and buy Simplify3D and a few spools of PETG.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    other than build volume - nope no reason whatsoever not to buy one.
    And to be fair - I've yet to need a larger build volume after 18 months of printing and designing stuff.

And from forum reviews the clones are just as good. Plus if you can buy it from an actual physocal shop - then it's much easier if something does go wrong :-)

Now hear me out... you are going to think im cray cray but I just bought one of these to screw around with, half expecting to return it, or throw it in the garbage because it sucked.... much to my surprise it doesnt suck... in fact it rocks
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CTC-Rive...UAAOSw14xWO2g2

I hate supporting chinese knockoff artists, but for $880 vs $3000 + thats an easy choice. My first prints have been amazing. Ive had minor issues (mostly fixable myself). It may not have been new haha, but for $880 i may not care.
    Support is non existent.

It has a fairly decent build size for what i think you would need, and the level of detail is insane.
    I own a Flashforge, a Makerfarm, a Lulzbot, and now this little dude. Previously my Flashforge held the title of best quality print. This just smoked it.

This print is only 4 inches tall... detail. unreal... I know people that have tried to get an Eiffel print for months on resin only to fail, and may never get it to work on FDM (flashforge etc). First try. 2 hours after i received the printer.

I've changed my focus to the MonoPrice.

Seems to have good reviews and is almost HALF the cost.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    I've changed my focus to the MonoPrice.

Seems to have good reviews and is almost HALF the cost.
    It's tempting but I would stick with FF, they're already established and have a huge user base. MonoPrice seems to be selling the same thing at cost, but who knows how long they'll be around with that business model.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast