Close

taz 5 or makergear m2

I believe i have narrowed down my choices to these 2. Other than a small difference in print envelope are there signifigant differences? Can they both print flexible filaments, nylon, etc? Is the taz worth the extra money?

Quote Originally Posted by deereengineer View Post
    i believe i have narrowed down my choices to these 2. Other than a small difference in print envelope are there signifigant differences? Can they both print flexible filaments, nylon, etc? Is the taz worth the extra money?
    no one have any suggestions?

Engineer
    i have 4 makergear m2's. great company, great community. i got my first one 3 years ago. if i wasnt 100% happy with the machine i wouldnt have gotten more over the years. you really cant go wrong. the build quality is fantastic. everything is steel or milled aluminum. the new machines come with the V4 extruder which is awesome.

Can you use nylon, ninjaflex, and the newer metal embedded filaments with it?

For a lower price, you can have a bigger print volume with a Printrbot Plus single or dual extruder. For the same price range, you can get them with very good options like metal hot end, last gen gear extruder and LCD screen.

Also the makergear m2 doesn't explicitly mention how the calibration/tramming is done. On the printrbots it is done automatically with a Hall sensor. That is a very good feature. The printrbot hot ends and the new gear extruder have very good reputation with tricky materials like flex. AND they reach high enough temps (>260°C) for a wider selection of materials.

The TAZ 5 probably has a lot of similar features. I don't see why I'd go for a makergear.

Engineer
    i have never found a filament type i cant print on any of my makergears. i actually have one running ninjaflex only round the clock. the m2 just works every time. i have one that runs prob 16-20 hrs a day for 3 years. it just goes and goes pumping out parts with out an issue. i have never had any lulzbot or printerbot printers so i cant really comment on them but we have had a couple guys in the makergear community that had a taz4 and 5 and got rid of them for the m2 and say how much better it is. take that for what its worth. i dont know of any members that had a printerbot so no info on that one. i hear good things about the metal simple model. the one thing i can say about the makergear v4 extruder is that its completely different than any other setup out there. its by far the nicest setup and best engineered extruder setup ive seen on any printer. i only have one printer with the v4. my older ones need to be upgraded but they are still pumping out parts so no need yet.
    Last edited by jimc; 11-06-2015 at 04:19 PM.

I*s the ONLY reason you wouldn't place a FlashForge Creator Pro 3D in this line up is the size of the production area?

I can't find a new Makergear M2 for under $1800.00 right now