Close

frustrated need help

tryed so many different firmware setups and just getting fruststrted prusa i3 1.4 step arduni 2560 mks genv1.1

when home is pressed are the axis supposed to go to end switchs
    if i home a axis it just moves a mm or 2 and stops does not go home
    is about 10mm from bed when i try to print so just blobs everywhere and comes out fast
    where would i get someone to explain what each step does in marlin
    or the best setup as there sso many different ones
    or anyone in derbyshire near burton upon trent who could help me out

please help had enough now also i have a lcd controller can i alter all things in this instead of marlin firmware
    heres a video of what printer does when use in pronterface

old firmware upload
    as new from github wont upload freezes on compile any ideas
    also is replicater firmware an diffrenthttps://youtu.be/9S_JLNvni8w

Quote Originally Posted by trist15 View Post
    when home is pressed are the axis supposed to go to end switchs
    In short, yes. If your endstop switches are not wired or configured correctly, though, the axes won't travel toward them.

if i home a axis it just moves a mm or 2 and stops does not go home
    I looked at your video and it looks very much like there's a problem with the end stops. Two things to check: firstly that the wiring is OK and secondly that they're configured correctly. First make sure that the wiring is OK, then send M119 to the printer. This will tell you whether or not they're triggered. If the Z axis is raised, but M119 tells you the end stop is triggered, then you need to invert them in the Marlin configuration (search for the end stop section and it should be reasonably obvious where to invert them - if not, ask here). From the video, the Z axis raises when you try to home it, but then won't go down. This is generally what happens when the end stop isn't configured correctly.

is about 10mm from bed when i try to print so just blobs everywhere and comes out fast
    You might have the temperature a bit high. What type of plastic are you using and what temperature are you printing at? Also, fixing homing and end stops will help with the height above the bed problem.

where would i get someone to explain what each step does in marlin
    or the best setup as there sso many different ones
    Here's a good start: http://solidutopia.com/marlin-firmwa...r-guide-basic/