Close

New Printer Nozzle Fan control

Hi guys got a new FFCP, its fitted with the novel cooling fan and duct on the side, how do i control this to turn it on and off for ABS?

Im using Makerbot DT printing via SD

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_angler1 View Post
    Hi guys got a new FFCP, its fitted with the novel cooling fan and duct on the side, how do i control this to turn it on and off for ABS?

Im using Makerbot DT printing via SD

thanks
    In S3D this is under cooling tab, you can always turn it on during printing with the menu on the printer LCD (sailfish)
    don't know the other software but the manual on off is enough as you cant control the speed of it anyway!

I struggled with the same thing. In Makerbot Desktop 3.7.0.95 select Settings, then down in the lower right corner of the Advanced tab is a button called Edit in external editor or something like that. Click that and a file called miracle.json will open. There is a miracle.json for each printing profile you have. There will be a whole list of parameters in there. The ones you need to add are:

"doFanCommand" : true,
    "fanLayer" : 2,

Once you save your settings file. You'll immediately see new controls that let you turn cooling on and off and set the layer.