I've used both Repetier and Simplify3D to print the hand. Same sort of banding (although the simplify 3D one came out a little better because I was printing at .15 mm). I really like all the options Simplify3D has and even switched our Rostock Max v2 over to it. I was getting some surface layer issues with Matter Control and they didn't have a setting for extrusion width in there, overall I've found Simplify3D to be worth the price after using Repetier, Slic3r, Cura, etc...

The hands in the image are .2mm layer height. The Pegasus uses M5 threaded rods for the z. Honestly, I doubted it was the heated bed but was hoping that it was because that is something I could easily fix. I have the parts available.

I will stop in the shop later today and print out the tower object from the sd card. It came pre-loaded from Makerfarm so that should be a good fail-safe print.

I'm thinking it something firmware related? The only thing I've changed though is the PID settings for the hotend and that was well after this started happening. Very tempted to reflash the electronics but I'm keeping that as a last resort. Thanks for the help everyone, it is much appreciated. I will update with an image of the tower when I can.