Close

Freaks3D Printing Issue

Hello guys this is my first 3D printer which I backed from Indiegogo.

I got it as a DIY kit and I assembled all myself according to the guide.

Everything seems ok, movement is smooth. Heating is working fine, can reach 210 celcius degree within 3 mins.

Except one problem, there is side leakage on the hotend (.4mm). Extruder Issue 3.jpgExtruder Issue 2.jpg
    I can print my first layer properly, looks fine. However at the mean time the middle part of the nozzle (not the part close to the thermal block) keep leaking thin plastic, as shown in the picture.
    I cant see if there is any pore or breakage but the thin plastic is indeed come from that certain spot. The thin plastic will keep accumulating and forming small cluster in the end blocking the hotend.
    This is frustrating because it cant even print more than 2 layers. The formed cluster always hit my prints, or the hotend.

I would like to know if my hotend broken? too high temperature? (210 Celsius for PLA) Flow rate too fast? (I am not sure where to adjust this)

Please kindly advise as I am yet to receive any support from the maker. Thanks.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    get another nozzle - they're cheap and readily available from amazon or ebay.

Hotend is fine - you just need another nozzle :-)

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    I agree with the post above. You only need to replace your nozzle and it should be working fine by then.

Ok, hopefully the one I bought online is compatible with my current setup..Thanks guys