Close

Surgical Guide 3d Printer Suggestion

I surgically place dental implants using surgical guides. I currently use a company, 3DDX, to print these guides for me. I provide stone models of the patients existing jaws and 3d imaging in DICOM format of the patients skeletal structure. We work together to plan the exact size and location of the dental implant. From there, 3DDX takes over and creates a surgical guide. THis printed guide is placed on the existing teeth (if they have them), on the gums (if they have no teeth), or sometimes I will reflect the gums and fix the surgical guide directly to bone. The guide has specific sized holes to direct the drills in the right spot. 3d Printing has to be extremely precise. I pay around $500 a surgical guide for this and I am interested in being able to fabricate my own guides.

Is there a digital printer option between $5,000-$20,000 that anyone here would recommend to meet my needs? I want information specifically on digital printers.

Additionally, I need a model scanner. Any suggestions in that realm is also appreciated.

Thanks

You should try a Rapidshape Printer! http://www.rapidshape.de