Close

Beta Kit P27 questions

With the design being finalised of the P27 revision as a beta kit, a couple of questions pop in mind ;
    1/ to get an idea of print volume and resolution, at what angle are the mirrors able to move ?
    2/ is laser aperature still variable and are their any limitations on shine distance ?
    3/ is it the peachy printer compatible with a 24bit soundcard, and does it mean 256 times better X/Y resolution ?
    4/ to know when I'll need to free up some time, last but not least when is beta kit shipping estimated (roughly) ?

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by woale; 02-15-2014 at 02:25 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    1 - I don't think the full print volume is known. I believe it is not until the beta kits are sent out that Rinnovated is going to do some large scale print testing. Right now, they are doing small prints for speedy testing. Gonna have to wait on a good answer for your first question.

2 - Aperture is still a concern, but at the moment, small and mid sized prints do not seem to be a challenge for the peachy. Shine distance is also currently not an issue. The issues you are worried about will only apply, it seems, to large prints. But we won't know about those limitations until large scale prints are being tested. So, it looks like you will have to wait a bit on this answer too.

3 - I believe the peachy is compatible with a 24 bit sound card, but it will not give it better resolution, because the signal from your computer is modulated after the fact.

4 - I wish I knew, and if I had to wager a guess, I would guess that the very first batch, of multiple batches of betas, will ship at the end of the month, or early march. I am not affiliated, this is not an official answer