I'm posting this here because it seems like the Peachy team keeps a fairly close eye on this forum, and I'm more interested in their response than in complaining on the KS comments.

I want to make it clear that I'm not actually angry, and really really not trying to troll anybody here. I knew when I signed up for the original Kickstarter campaign that there weren't any guarantees. I knew that I was placing a bet on an untested technology and that I would have to be willing to shrug off the hundred bucks if it didn't pan out. I still believe that my printer is coming and that it will be awesome.

Being this far past a deadline is usually considered a catastrophe. The Peachy Team has been very good about frequency of updates (at least better than a lot of crowdfunding campaigns). Yet, every single update is written like it's good news, like we should all be thrilled to hear that the software is coming together a year (or whatever) after it was expected.

I don't want a refund, and I really don't mind waiting all that much. I still think the peachy is a good idea, and the team seems like a good group of dudes. I'm just curious, why has there not been a simple direct statement: "We screwed up. We underestimated the problems and overestimated our abilities. We are still going to get you your printer, we'll tell you all about the process but most of all we're sorry."

Other crowd-funded projects also seem to suffer from this weird optimism, glossing over what are obvious struggles. My guess is that the team is afraid that simply apologizing and asking for patience would lead to more people asking for refunds, effectively de-funding the project, resulting in no printers for anybody. However, with all the stories of crowd funded projects that turn out to be outright scams, it would seem that honesty and transparency would be a better course than obliviousness and spin for keeping our confidence.